Crunch is my jam... and I LOVE anything kale. Whoever come-up with kale chips is pure genius. Below I share the three simple ingredients that make this tasty, crunchy, healthy and delicious snack.
Kale, Olive Oil + Sea Salt
5 kale leaves
2 table spoons of olive oil
a pinch of sea salt
1. Wash & de-stem kale // easiest way to de-stem kale is to pull the leave away from the stem
2. Break-up kale // use hands to roughly break up kale leaves into bite size pieces
1. Place kale pieces, olive oil and salt into a bowl and use your hands to combine ingredients & ensure kale leaves are evenly coated with a thin layer of oil
2. Place and evenly distribute kale into a baking sheet
3. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
4. Bake kale for 5-7 minutes on each side until crisp
5. Let kale chips cool down before enjoying
You may also add ground pepper, chili or garlic powders, tahini or even grated parm cheese to kick the recipe up a notch or two!